Saturday 26 July 2014

Vape Gear and easyJet Part Two...........



So the story continues...........

This Monday morning just gone (21st July 2014) I got up far too early and awaited my collection, my Driver from Alpha Executive Cars arrived and to be fair even at stupid o'clock in the morning this chap was cheery, polite and very helpful. The car was roomy, spotlessly clean and very comfortable,  so fantastic start to the day.
Then it was off to Stanstead Airport to head off to Sunny Edinburgh, now was the lovely lady from easyJet correct with the information she gave me about my vape gear???? Well fair play to her, she was absolutely spot on in every way. Got to check in, handed over my bag with the vape gear I was advised to put in the hold included and happy days it disappeared off to the mystical areas where the Baggage Handlers live with no problem whatsoever. Then it was off to security for the next part of my airport journey, this wasn't quite so easy but in all honesty I expected them to be thorough (for our safety in the skies) and they were. So all my electronic gadgets and goodies went into a grey tray, whereupon the Security Lady asked about my e-liquid and vape gear. Once I had shown her what I had and explained what it was, she was more than happy to send it through the scanner. So went through the archway minus belt, shoes etc etc. And appeared after a pat down and a going over with the wand checking for metals etc. Again no issues really apart from a sigh from a different security lady as I happened to have forgotten to take off my watch (as I said it was very early).
All my belongings came out of the security scanner with no issues and I was allowed to put everything back in my bag, then it was off for a brew whilst waiting for the plane. Well I say plane, it was quite small in size this plane, almost as if it had shrunk in the wash but it did the job and got me to Edinburgh safe and sound. After a week of hard work it was back to Edinburgh airport this afternoon (25th July 2014) which was a far more streamlined version of Stanstead.  Again all gadgets and vape gear in a tray, through the archway (remembering to remove my watch this time) with no issues, repacked my bag and then off for a drink and bite to eat whilst waiting for the plane. After some food and a delay on takeoff thanks to crappy weather in London back on the plane I went, finally got home later than I expected with an empty tank on my Romuluz (thankyou to Midlands Vaping for the Romuluz, a review will follow) which thanks to the fantastic design of the Romuluz was a very simple issue to resolve. So after a quick clean I refilled the tank with some Mr Blue Sky also from the lovely people from Midlands Vaping (again review to follow) and took a well earned seat on the sofa with a full tank of e-liquid and a brew. This Romuluz Hybrid is top notch I haven't put it down since I got it, I absolutely love it.
Anyway to some my rambling up, the whole Vape Gear and easyJet thing went off without a hitch and was exactly how the easyJet lady said it would be "no problem whatsoever" the whole deal both on the way to Edinburgh and back again was seamless with no issues at all,  although I have to say Edinburgh Airport staff are far more streamlined and security was a somewhat speedier experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment