Monday 14 July 2014

18350 SS Stingray with Fogger v4

So today has been a busy day, some stormy weather plenty of rain and I fancied a change. So as I got some new Purple Efest 18350 batteries this week I decided to give them a nice full charge and then reach for my stainless steel Stingray and my Fogger V4. Now I have been using a Stingray for quite a while, but never in 18350 configuration ( it's a 22mm diameter mechanical mod with a magnetic switch arrangement that measures 58.3mm in height when configured to accept my Fogger V4 flush with the top cap.) It has proved to be a somewhat surprising experience. It fits nicely in my hand, allowing it to be fired with my little finger. Now the thing that surprised me was the fact that as I am so used to everything I have being
configured for or only able to be used in 18650 mode I thought that I would just find it awkward or just plain weird but I was wrong, I like it, I like it a lot as it happens, it is now small enough to be almost completely concealed by my hand and it fits in my pocket a lot easier. The battery as I mentioned above is a Purple Efest flat top 10.5 amp 18350 that is a tiny little power house to be fair, it has the guts to supply plenty of power to the dual coil setup I have in my Fogger which is around 1.2 ohms so all is good. I think 18350 configuration is extremely useful especially for anyone not wanting to carry a large setup around with them, the Fogger isn't a small rebuildable atomiser at around 66 mm but all in including the drip tip it sits at 124.4mm which really isn't a lot all, considering the same Fogger and drip tip on my Raijin mod sits at around 163mm in total length. It would be even smaller with a little dripper attached instead. It's certainly a stealthy size if you don't want to draw attention to yourself whilst your out and about. Quite good for the ladies too (before anyone thinks it, I'm not being sexist here, I have seen posts from lady vapers asking for recommendations on a mod that doesn't weigh a lot and isn't too big.) I think I'll be using this configuration a lot more often, even more so since I noticed the other day that this mod fits very nicely in the pen pocket slot on my Snickers work trousers. Who knew that Snickers would have had the forethought to cater for vapers when they designed their range of work wear. OK perhaps they didn't intend to do so, perhaps it's just a little fortuitous that a 22mm mod and atomiser is similar in dimensions to a marker pen. But kudos to Snickers really it just works. Anyway enough now as I'm kind of heading off on a tangent,  so I'll stop there I think. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, comments are welcome and if you like my blog then feel free to hit the follow button.

No comments:

Post a Comment