Tuesday 15 July 2014

Vape Gear and easyJet


People on different Facebook pages have been asking about vape gear on planes etc a lot just recently, so as I'm due to fly off to sunny Scotland (a fancy hotel in Edinburgh as it goes) I thought I'd take the opportunity to speak to easyJet to find out first hand about their policy's on flying with vape gear.
Well what can I say I've heard as much positive as negative stuff about easyJet over the years so I wasn't expecting to much from my phone call to them if I'm honest. But I'm pleased to report that after the initial period of listening to the generic robot with conversational options, I held the line pressing none of them till I got through to a lovely, helpful lady who was more than happy to help (nice one easyJet).

I explained that I would be flying with them on Monday morning and as a vaper would I have any issues boarding one of their planes with vape gear safely and properly stored in my hand luggage. She went away to check the company policy's (or maybe just asked the person on the desk next door who knows) and when she came back on the phone I was told that I would have no problem carrying my vape gear in my hand luggage, the only stipulation would be no vaping on the plane, which is fair enough I knew that wouldn't be allowed anyway. I then went on to ask about coils (kanthal wire and tools etc.) Again the cheery voice came back saying no problem but it would need to be stowed away in the hold. What a positive result from easyJet. I did in a final attempt, to make sure we were on the same page explain that I wasn't referring to a cig-a-like type device and this bit did surprise me, she said " no I know exactly what you mean a battery, a tube and a thing on top"
I was then asked if I had any further questions, which I didn't really what else could I ask? The conversation then ended with a have a nice day and hope you enjoy flying with easyJet.

Now the proof in the pudding will be when I get to Stansted Airport on Monday morning, it'll go one of two ways I suppose.
Option one :- it'll go exactly as the lovely lady from easyJet said it would and there will be absolutely no issues at all,  in which case happy days. Or it'll be
Option two:- it doesn't. Time will tell.

We shall see...................

No comments:

Post a Comment