Thursday 9 October 2014

Vape Crate Number Two

Well here it is, Vape Crate Number Two.  This is the one after the initial free one for signing up. The question is, is it worth it? As always I'll be completely honest, at first my answer to this was no..... The whole go cardless thing is very long winded, the money will leave your account, then a few weeks later you will get your Vape Crate. Is this Vape Crates fault...... well yes and no, yes because they chose go cardless to handle the payments for them, but no because it's obviously go cardless' policies and systems that drag the whole process out. Right now down to the important bit, the liquid itself. Was it worth the wait? Well that initially was a yes and no answer, so I'll get down to it and you can make your own decisions.

Cosmic Fog's Milk and Honey

This was one of those liquids that, I couldn't stand when I first tried it,  I thought it was absolutely disgusting. It quickly got dumped in my liquid collection and forgotten about. The cotton got dumped and the tank cleaned. That was until I had a new dripper delivered the other day. I cleaned it all up put a build in it, then it was time to give it a try. A look through my liquid collection revealed this Milk and Honey, I thought why not try my new dripper with that?
At least then I wouldn't mind if I had to throw the liquid out. But what happened was completely different, this liquid actually tasted o.k, and what surprised me was, that the more I vaped the better it tasted. For the last few days now I have barely used any other liquid at all. It's really grown on me. So does it taste like Milk and Honey? To me, not exactly, no. It has a light marshmallow type taste with a bit of biscuit thrown in. It leaves a nice aftertaste, vapour production is really good which leads me to believe it likely to be a 50/50 mix. Although even on the Cosmic Fog website it doesn't actually reveal the ratio, so it's only a guess on my part and I may not be completely accurate. My advice to anyone wanting to give this a try, is to give it time. This is definitely one of those liquids that gets better for being left a while.
Would I get this again? Yes I would definitely get some more of this at some point. As far as I know you can get this in 15 and 30ml bottles and yes you can buy this in the UK for around the £8 mark for 15ml. If you don't mind letting it mature a little it's worth a go. It works particularly well in a tank and it's really not bad in a dripper with the right build.


WYZE Cold Trill

This liquid out of the three in this month's vapecrate was my immediate favourite, it's tasty and it vapes really well. You get a good cloud and a nice aftertaste.
I have this in one of my genny hybrids and the flavour comes through so, so well. It's really light, the cheesecake, Graham Cracker ( biscuit type flavour ) works really well and on the exhale you get that subtle creamy strawberry. It tastes exactly like it's description says it will, this is a really good dessert type liquid. I've also tried this in a few different drippers and it works really well in all I've tried it in. The other surprising thing, to me at least was that the writeup says "served chilled" and it is. On the exhale there is definitely the feeling of it being cool almost as if it has been chilled. There really isn't much else to say on this one really, I like it and it tastes as it's described. All that's left is it's a 60/40 VG liqiud, available in 15, 30 and 120ml bottles in a maximum of 18mg nicotine strength. I haven't seen this available in the UK, however it does seem to have made a good impression with a lot of vapers so if it becomes popular enough I'm sure you'll be able to get it sooner or later. When it does become available it's going to be one for the basket, it's not an all day liquid by any means, but it's definitely worth having in the collection.


WYZE Parallax

This liquid I'm really quite indifferent about,
I've got it so I'll probably use it at some point, but in all honesty it's an emergency liquid for me. It'll come out and see the tank if I've not got any of my favourites left. Don't get me wrong it tastes like it's described, the pear flavour is fairly accurate, you definitely get that it's pear. However not being a huge pear fan myself ( I wouldn't choose a pear from the fruit bowl) it's just not a flavour I particularly like. I certainly wouldn't be searching for a bottle of this when I need to stock up my liquid stash. That being said, if you like pears then you may take a vape on this and absolutely love it, in which case go for it I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It's unfortunate really it's not the fault of the liquid it's just not for me. Again this is available in 15, 30 and 120ml bottles in a maximum of 18mg nicotine strength.  I've not seen this available online in the UK either, but who knows if enough people want it, it'll be available at some point.

With all the liquids mentioned above, you may very well find them available on different forums, or Facebook group pages. A lot of people will have received this in their Vape Crate too, so they may be about if you look. I really can't stress how worthwhile the Facebook groups for vapers are, there are hundreds and in some groups thousands of members of varying skill sets and experience that are prepared to answer questions and help you out. My biggest word of advice however, should you choose to join them, is read the rules in the pinned post and if they work for you then enjoy the group. If they don't you will find one that does, there are new groups popping up all the time. Anyway ramble almost over, if your considering joining Vape Crate, give it a go. But be prepared for the fact, that as you are not directly choosing what you get you may end up with one or two you don't like. By the same token it also provides you with the opportunity to try liquids you probably wouldn't of, so give it a go. I did and I don't regret it. How long will I keep the subscription going? Who knows is all I can say, for now it suits me so until it doesn't I'll keep it running. The first box free trial is no more unfortunately, but all is not lost. At the time of writing this, the current offer is you get the first one for £12.99, which is fractionally over half price. Which means you get a minimum of 45ml of liquid for £12.99 which is really very good value.

If you fancy giving Vape Crate ago here's the place to go.

www.vapecrate.co.uk  (Direct Link)

Or if your feeling generous you can use my referral link which gives me a money towards my next Vape Crate

www.vapecrate.co.uk  (My Referral Link)


*  What is written above are my personal thoughts and opinions only, everyone's tastes are different and because I have liked or disliked a particular liquid shouldn't and doesn't mean you will too. Please take my opinion as it was intended, not as a reason to purchase or avoid, but rather to help you make your own decision based on your own research, budget and requirements.



No comments:

Post a Comment