Friday 17 October 2014

Mrs Lord & Co - Part Two


Right I have now finally given the two remain liquids a go and my thoughts on them are a bit further down. Just to recap a little, these liquids have come From Mrs Lord & Co.  They came through really, really quickly. Very well packaged and came with proper screw caps and with a little dripper pipette for each bottle. They all smelled great on that first smell when changing over the cap for the dripper. Anyway enough rambling and on with the last two flavours.


Custard Cream

To start with, I am a little partial to the odd biscuit when I sit down with a cup of tea. So with that in mind, as this smelled really good exactly like the biscuit of the same name in fact, I was quick to fill the tank and stick the kettle on.
This liquid did not disappoint, it was just as good as I had hoped it would be. I sat down with a freshly brewed cup of tea and set about having a vape. This liquid is now one of my favourites, I've found since I first tried this in my Kraken I haven't really used many of my other liquids at all. I just keep vaping away and when the tank runs dry, I reach for this liquid, fill the tank again and keep vaping. The 15ml bottle I have is running down very quickly. I am really going to have to place an order for a bigger bottle before this one runs out. Luckily they have 50ml bottles available for £23 each plus postage so that should last a lititle longer. I've only just recently tried this in a Big Dripper at around 0.8 ohm's just to see if how it'd fair compared to a genesis tank with steel rope and mesh with a 1.3 ohm coil. I was pleasantly surprised, some liquids taste great in a tank and suffer a little in a dripper. This one has no issues as far as I'm concerned, the only difference is a bigger cloud. The flavours come through really well in either setup. My advice to anyone who intends to give Mrs Lord & Co a go, is put some of this in your basket, you won't be disappointed.


Toffee Apple

This liquid is another that smelled so good when I first took the cap off, that I was straight away looking forward to seeing if it tasted as good as it smelled.
When I had finished my last tank of custard cream, the Kraken was washed, pulsed and prepped ready for a new flavour. I filled the tank and gave this Toffee Apple a try expecting great things, unfortunately the great things didn't happen. It smelled like Toffee Apple,  it sort of tasted like Toffee Apple.  But I found that for me it only slightly resembled the flavour, I thought it really quite a perfumed taste that wasn't what I had hoped. The after taste wasn't too pleasant either and I found it left a strange odour behind on the atomiser when I took it apart to clean it out. It was really disappointing,  I really hoped this was going to be a great liquid. This is most definitely not going to find its way into my basket again on my next order with Mrs Lord & Co.

Out of the five liquids I got from Mrs Lord & Co,  the only one I really didn't like was the Toffee Apple, however considering I have found a new favourite liquid in the Custard Cream and a close second in the Victoria Sandwich I'm really quite pleased. The Seville Marmalade was great as a morning vape, the Spotted Dick was good but I still think it'd be better as Spotted Dick and Custard. So overall I would definitely recommend you go to Mrs Lord & Co and give their liquids a go. They have also recently announced that they have a new Mechanical Mod on its way, whigh I have to say looks pretty good from the pictures I've seen so far. Not sure about its price, but if it's reasonable I think it'd make a good addition to my collection. See what you think in the picture below.


*  What is written above are my personal thoughts and opinions only, everyone's tastes are different and because I have liked or disliked a particular liquid shouldn't and doesn't mean you will too. Please take my opinion as it was intended, not as a reason to purchase or avoid, but rather to help you make your own decision based on your own research, budget and requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment