Monday 13 October 2014

Mrs Lord & Co - Part One


I have here some of Mrs Lords finest liquids, to be fair I've heard so much about this stuff. But being me I didn't want to just follow the herd and get some. I've never been a follower, however an opportunity arose to give some of these liquids a try. Having resisted for a long time, I figured why not. Who knows it may actually be as good as people say it is. I picked five that most appealed and waited for Pat to deliver them. They came very quickly, very well packaged and in perfect condition. All that was left to do was give them a try, so the tank was cleaned and I tried the first three. Here's what I thought......

Seville Marmalade

To be honest as much as I like Marmalade, Orange Marmalade is not usually my first choice, I prefer the Lime variant. I decided to give it a go anyway,
I'm glad I did. It's pretty good, if you're familiar with Seville Orange Marmalade then you will instantly recognise that quite bitter, tangy Orange flavour right from the very first vape. According to the website this recipe is the result of twenty previous attempts at this flavour. I have to say I think Mr Lord has pretty much nailed it. I wonder if he could knock up a Lime version? If he could, or would then I would definitely be in the queue to give it a try. As nice as this is, I wouldn't vape it all day, everyday. For me this is really quite nice in the morning with your first cuppa of the day. It's an ideal breakfast vape. You get the great taste of the Marmalade, without the need to prepare the toast or wash up afterwards. Vapour production with this liquid is very good, it's a 50/50 mix so depending on your build you could very easily get a decent cloud out of this and still get the full taste experience from it. Will I be getting any more of this when it runs out? I think the answer to that is a definite yes, although as I don't use this all day everyday, the 15ml I have will last me a little while.

Victoria Sandwich

I think most of you will be very familiar with the Victoria Sandwich, so the most important question that needs answering in regard to this liquid is,
does it taste like Victoria Sandwich? Well I'm fairly sure you'll have a smile on your face, when you take a whiff of this liquid on first removing the cap. For me, when I took the cap off and had a quick sniff, I was instantly reminded of homemade cakes and couldn't wait to get this in the tank. So in the tank it went and I have to say I really enjoyed vaping this, it's a great liquid. To answer the question, yes it does taste exactly like it should. The Jam, cream and sponge flavours combine brilliantly,  they come through really well and leave a very pleasant after taste that leaves your mouth watering and wanting more. Mrs Beeton herself couldn't have done any better in my opinion. I've used this liquid a fair bit since it arrived and have to say, next time I'm going to have to get the bigger bottle. I really can't see this one lasting to long, I really find it quite hard to put down. I'm quite a fan of dessert flavours and usually find that they don't quite live up to what they're supposed to be, this one however really does. I like it a lot. If your going to place an order with Mrs Lord & Co and like your dessert flavours then I can definitely recommend this one, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. I know I'll be adding more of this to my basket very soon.

Spotted Dick

This one I'm not too sure about to be honest,  this isn't one of Mr Lord's creations. According to their site it's one of his favourite Chefs Vapour recipe's.
Spotted Dick and Custard is a cracking dessert after a Sunday lunch, it's not one of my absolute favourites but I like it none the less. So it seemed like a good idea to give it a try. In the tank it went and I gave it a vape. You definitely get the rich raisin filled sponge taste come through nice and clearly. However this is why I'm in two minds about it, I've never eaten Spotted Dick and thought, you know what. I won't bother having custard on it, I'll have it without..... I really think this needs to have a custard flavour with it. Yes it tastes like it should and how you would expect it too, but without the custard it's not quite right. It's just one of those liquids that every time I give it a vape I'm always going to end up reminded of the fact it's missing something. Now having said that, I'm sure a lot of you vapers reading this will be more than happy to tinker with this and add your favourite custard to it. When you do and get the mix just right, I'm sure this liquid will be all the better for it. Will I be getting this liquid again? Well if they made a Spotted Dick and Custard, yes I wouldn't mind giving it a go. But as it is, I don't think this is one I would get more of. It just isn't for me at all.

The Mrs Lord & Co website is just here if you would like to pay them a visit, they have thirteen flavours on the menu to choose from. All of their liquids are in a 50/50 ratio, with the choice of 0, 6, 12, 18 and 24mg nicotine strengths. Some great things to note is all their liquids will reach you next day where possible (Royal Mail willing) if you order before 15:30 hrs, there is a flat shipping fee of £3 per order. The best thing though is your chosen flavours will arrive pre steeped. No waiting just fill your tank or prime your dripper and go for it. For those of you on the other side of the water, good news, they'll ship to you if you so choose. With a suggested delivery time of ten days. There are some other items for your consideration too, the also sell coil jigs, filling syringes,  Kayfun custom caps and the popular Japanese Cotton. So if you want some tasty liquid, give them a look. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your selection. I have two more flavour to try out, once I've finished testing them I'll post my thoughts, the two to come are Custard Cream and Toffee Apple. They smell really, really good. Hopefully they taste as good as they smell.......


*  What is written above are my personal thoughts and opinions only, everyone's tastes are different and because I have liked or disliked a particular liquid shouldn't and doesn't mean you will too. Please take my opinion as it was intended, not as a reason to purchase or avoid, but rather to help you make your own decision based on your own research, budget and requirements.

1 comment: