Thursday 23 October 2014

TMAX JUICES - Dr. Stanley Clark's Snake Oil


I'm sure there are very few people unfamiliar with this liquid, I've been seeing people post pictures of this stuff in hand checks and vapemail pictures for a long, long time. There was always something about this liquid, that made me not want to try it. Perhaps because it was so popular and frequently mentioned I assumed it was like the dreaded Red Astaire, which for me was a try once and never again liquid ( I know it will perhaps seem strange to many of you. Red Astaire has a lot of fans, but it's just not for me.). However unlike Red Astaire I've very rarely seen or heard people say they've not liked it. After speaking to a few people about it I decided to speak to the man who makes it.
So long story short, I got some and gave it a try, I have to say that the service was fantastic. It arrived really quickly, properly packaged and nicely presented with a little snake shaped sweet.
     Snake Oil used to be sold as a supposed cure all and fraudulent medicinal remedy to people in the 19th Century, some believe it was a misinterpretation of a Chinese remedy, that was taken from the Chinese water snake which was used to treat joint pain. This Snake Oil offers no such promises, it does promise to taste good straight away and taste better as it gets older though. This liquid will come to you batch steeped, this means the whole batch will have been steeped for ten days before it was bottled. The only question is, does it taste good? The answer to that, in my case was yes it really does.
     Once this liquid arrived I left it a few days as I had other stuff to test, I did my usual undo the cap and have a smell though. That first smell revealed a very fruity note not to dissimilar to the little snake sweet that came with it. I'm not going to lie it did smell good, it was a little difficult to put the cap back on and put it on the side. After a few days though when the other liquids had been tested it was time to get the Snake oil out and have a vape. It was also an ideal opportunity to try a new dripper too. So with a freshly coiled and wicked dripper I set about my first real taste of Snake Oil, it's good. I really quite like this stuff, it reminded me of these sweets called Grays Herbal Tablets.
Now im not saying for certain that they taste exactly like them, but for me, they definitely reminded me of them. Perhaps im wrong, im not sure. Its been a long time since i had those sweets, id be interested to know if any of you reading this agree or disagree. Anyway I got through a few mililitres and with a concerted effort, put the bottle away and left it a while longer. I came back to it recently and this liquid just gets better, its really quite strange because I found it quite difficult to pick out exact flavours. Its fruity, there's some anise in there, not so much that it overpowers it, it's  enough to add to the overall flavour but not so much that it stomps all over the other flavours that make up the liquid. Then there's the sneakily subtle hint of cooling menthol that creeps up on you, again though it's enough to just blend in seamlessly, it doesn't do anything other than again compliment the overall experience.  This liquids flavours just work so well together, I can really see why people love and talk about it. It's also pretty handy that they sell this in big bottles. Something else that was really quite nice was the amount of vapour you can get from this. A lot of liquid makers are focusing on heavy vg recipes for cloud chasing. This liquid is 60/40 pg/vg but you can still get your clouds with the right build if that's your thing. This liquid has been in my regular rotation for a little while now and can honestly say I think it'll stay in rotation aswell, I'm really enjoying this liquid. The flavour is great, it smells really good and I'll definitely be getting more when I run low. If like me you've seen pictures of this stuff, or heard it mentioned and weren't sure if you'd like it. Give it a go is all I'd say, I'm so glad i did I'd recommend everyone try this at least once. As with all liquids the whole love it or hate it thing is going to be down to your own personal tastes, but I think it'd be a shame if you spent your time vaping without giving this a try. You can find it here, it comes in 0,6,12,18 and 24mg nicotine strengths and as a nice little touch, you can buy it in the amber glass bottles or you can buy it in refill packs, the available sizes are 30, 50, 80 and 100ml. You'll be looking at £13 for a 30ml bottle, then when you've vaped your way through that first bottle. You can pick up a 50ml refill bottle for £19, now it's not the cheapest liquid you can get by any means. But to be fair, for what your getting when you purchase I don't think it's a bad price at all, especially as I'm sure a lot of you myself included, have purchased liquids in this price bracket based on hype or recommendations and not liked it. Which means you have some of your hard earned sat in liquid form in a posh bottle gathering dust, or you've given it away or thrown it out. So if you look at it that way, id much rather pay out for liquid that's not going to sit there and will be used completely and then reordered, again and again. Ultimately you pays your money, you make your choice. Do I think it's worth its money? Well I can honestly say I'll be more than happy to purchase a refill when the time arrives.

If your really not sure enough to go straight to buying a 30ml bottle, you live in the UK and you've never tried this liquid before. If you speak to the man behind Tmax Juices and ask him very nicely, he may just send you a 10ml trial bottle for the cost of the bottle, fees and postage. At the time of writing this, that cost will be £1.75 (this is subject to change should the need arise), so if you'd like to speak to Simon Wilson from Tmax Juice and sort yourself out a sample to try, you can contact him here. Any samples requested will be sent out on the next available batch, so get yourselves over to Tmax Juices and give this liquid a try, I'm fairly sure once you've tried it, you will want more.

*  What is written above are my personal thoughts and opinions only, everyone's tastes are different and because I have liked or disliked a particular liquid shouldn't and doesn't mean you will too. Please take my opinion as it was intended, not as a reason to purchase or avoid, but rather to help you make your own decision based on your own research, budget and requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment