Monday 18 August 2014

Wolf & Raven


Hi all I have here my thoughts on some liquid from a company called Wolf & Raven, I've seen this particular brand of liquid mentioned a lot so when an opportunity presented itself to try some I jumped at the chance. For me this liquid had a lot to live up to because everything I'd read or heard about it had been nothing but praise.  So to start off here's a little background information for you all. The liquids are made of mostly premium American flavours with varying ratio's of PG/VG. The ratio most commonly used sits between 50/50 and 80/20 VG/PG that are available in varying nicotine strengths of between 0mg to 24mg. These liquids are then made by a chap in Fife, who clearly knows a thing or too about e-liquid because..... well I'll tell you in a moment. They come well packaged and really quickly, in childproof capped bottles with all the appropriate labels. So as normal my setup usually consists of a single coil that comes in about 1 to 1.5 ohm's in resistance. *



I have had this flavour from other liquid makers before, it was ok but nothing special. They seemed to struggle with the lemon and the meringue but had no issue with the pastry. So I was really hoping this wasn't going to be another liquid like that. As I do always I started with a clean tank, a fresh wick and I opened the bottle to take a whiff,  it smells really, really good.
With a tank full of this liquid ready I had a vape with it, the first inhale was disappointing there was the pastry and yet again nothing else...... So let the vapour out and guess what I tasted on the exhale???? The lemon and the meringue revealed themselves and all three flavour components came together, I'm really happy I've finally found a Lemon Meringue that tastes like it should. I only have one slight critism and that is purely my own personal taste, but I would of loved just a little bit more of the lemon flavour. That is me just being very picky though if truth be told, it says Lemon Meringue Pie on the bottle and it tastes just like fresh baked Lemon Meringue. What more can I say?? Oh wait there's this.... The wife and I were out at a fantastic local pub on Saturday night so obviously my Romuluz full of this liquid went with us. Every time I went outside to have a vape I had people asking "what is that lovely smell??" After finding out that they were not interested in me telling them what aftershave I had on, I found myself telling those that asked all about Wolf & Ravens Lemon Meringue Pie. To sum up this is a great tasting liquid so give it a go people it's good straight from getting the bottle out of the envelope so I can only imagine it's going to get even better after a bit of steeping. Definitely worth trying this one I don't think you'll be disappointed.



This liquid is green in colour ( green eyed monster?) And is described as an Absinthe and exotic fruit flavour. Absinthe is usually green so it ties in really quite nicely. Now, I have mentioned before that I don't have an educated palate. There's something else I need to mention too. I've never tried Absinthe before either. I filled the tank,  which I might add being filled with a green liquid made the Romuluz look quite funky.
Then it was time to sit back and give this Jealousy a vape. As soon as that vapour hit the gustatory receptors on the tongue (uneducated palate,  educated mind) I was immediately taken back in time to being a child. Now bear with me on this one.... If you remember being given pocket money as a child, which was then spent at the sweet shop (the kind with jars of sweets). You'll know exactly what I mean when I tell you, that too me this liquid tasted like Torpedo's. If your under 30 you may want to look that up. If like me however you are over 30 and loved Torpedo's then you need to try this liquid. The liquorice gets you first of all on the inhale, then the fruity flavours come through and join the liquorice on the exhale. To be fair not having tried Absinthe I can only go by what I know about it, that being a green liquid which usually tastes of liquorice due to the herbs infused within in it. So that being said if Absinthe tastes like liquorice then this liquid is spot on.

The two liquids I have tried are only a small proportion of what they have on offer over on the Wolf & Raven website, which is still quite new but I assume, will only get better once completed. There is also a Facebook page to checkout too if your interested where you can speak to the creator Mr Reeve and his admin team. The bottle sizing starts at 15ml and goes upto 100ml, the 15ml is £7 plus postage so not a really expensive liquid at all, it's the equivalent of £4.66 if they did a 10ml bottle.
They get orders out quickly and if you check their Facebook page out, there is a little graphic on there that shows the stock levels of each liquid they have available,  which is another nice little touch. That's about it I think so I'll leave you to check out the site and Facebook group page whilst I sit back and vape some Lemon Meringue Pie. Thanks for taking the time to have a read through what I've written. To answer the statement I made at the top about the liquids having a lot to live up to,  I think the answer to that is a resounding yes, they definitely do live up to what I've read and heard, the two I tried were and are superb.


*  What is written above are my personal thoughts and opinions only, everyone's tastes are different and because I have liked or disliked a particular liquid shouldn't and doesn't mean you will too. Please take my opinion as it was intended, not as a reason to purchase or avoid, but rather to help you make your own decision based on your own research, budget and requirements.




No comments:

Post a Comment