Wednesday 1 July 2015

The Frog Father E Liquid



I have some E Liquid here from a newly launched E Liquid line called The Frog Father, it's UK made using only the finest ingredients available. It's made by a company called Efinity Labs, which is a company setup by one of the directors of Magnificig Ltd. Due to an increased demand for UK made liquids, sorry America your liquids are great but we too are a patriotic nation and like to have our own available to choose from, Efinity Labs was born which in turn created The Frog Father brand. Magnificig are no strangers to the vaping game and have been about for a few years now selling imported liquids so I guess you could call it a natural progression, why only sell everyone else's when you can have your own as well. As we venture down the whole regulation route it's nice to see that this particular line of liquids are preempting the potential regulation requirements and can say that their nicotine meets AEMSA standards, this is a regulatory body that insures compliance and sustainability.
So apart from a fantastic looking logo, that instantly let's you know abouts it UK heritage. What else can I tell you? Well are they any good is probably a good place to go next............


The Rat

This is described as an addictive sour tasting cherry flavour, I tred it and I'm not sure addictive is the word I'd use. It's a great liquid don't get me wrong, it has a flavour that's very reminiscent of those sugary cherry flavoured jelly sweets. It does leave a somewhat sour taste in your mouth. Not in an unpleasant way, your not going to be left looking like your entering a gunning contest. But it certainly does have distinctive sour aftertaste just like the sweets I mentioned. Not sure how they do it, it's just sour enough to leave that sweet sour tang but not harsh enough to make you want to stop using it. It smells fantastic and I have to be honest I did rather like it. The cherry flavour lingers really nicely on the tongue and I did use this flavour quite a bit. Not an all day vape for me but the flavours came through really well on mesh and was great to use, it was quite moreish and made a great change after vaping the same liquid all day. If you like your sweet type flavours I'm sure you'll be more than happy with this one, it tastes exactly like you'd expect it too and really does fit it's description.

The Wife

This is described as a savoury cinnamon roll, which for me is exactly what it smells and tastes like. This is a continental hotel breakfast in an E Liquid form. I loved to use this one of a morning around breakfast time. A glass of Orange juice, a cup of coffee and this liquid and it just went so well together. The cinnamon is absolutely spot on, it's not too overpowering and doesn't detract from the rest of the accompanying flavours at all. It's a great, accurate cinnamon roll flavour that just tastes like you'd want it too. You get the pastry background flavour, the cinnamon isn't to hot like some others I've tried. The first time I tried this I was very pleasantly surprised, I expected it to be far to biased on the cinnamon side of things like others tended to be and I was completely proved wrong, this liquid was used every morning until the bottle was empty. Definitely one worth having if your a dessert type liquid fan.

The Mistress

This is described as a zesty Lemon cheesecake, the Lemon is as described to be fair. It's zesty, sharp and balanced quite nicely with a creamy biscuity base. It's a fantastic liquid to use after dinner. The Lemon just pops in this liquid, it lingers nicely on the tongue then as it fades it blends with the other flavours to leave a cheesecake taste that starts to make your mouth water. This was another of those liquids I used a lot, I found myself reaching for a mesh wicked dripper and this bottle most evenings around dinner time. It's a great liquid to use between courses too as a pallette cleanser,  who needs a sorbet when you can have a quick vape on something like this? The smell is great on this liquid, those around me were instantly able to tell me what it was supposed to be and those that tried it really liked it. This liquid was passed around so it didn't last all that long. Which is great really, there are so many lemon flavours that taste like your vaping away on industrial cleansers and smell like cleansers too. This one thankfully isn't one of those at all, it's definitely one worth having in your collection.

Godfather

This is described as a closely guarded secret recipe, it's only clue is it has a tint of menthol. This for me was my favourite of the line so far, the menthol kick is great. It doesn't dominate the flavour its just enough to leave that cool lingering effect on the tongue and compliment the other flavours brilliantly. I love a good menthol liquid, some are so strong it's all you can taste, others are a little wishy washy. This one just hits the spot. I don't want to give the game away completely on the other flavours in this liquid, you just need to try it. All I will say is it is reminiscent of a favourite of many people that's red in colour. The difference as far as I'm concerned is that I absolutely hated that red juice, mainly because I found it insipid and overly hyped and generally not very nice. This however isn't the same it's got a slight twist that for me makes it loads better. I did mention this to The Frog Father himself and I was told that although this is along the same lines as that red juice it definitely wasn't released to compete with it, but he was working on a liquid that was going to and that it would be his take on it and not a complete copy. I'm quite looking forward to it to be honest, I'm sure when it's released it will take that red juice out to the docks and give it a pair of concrete slippers.

Moe Green Special

This is described as Las Vegas on an energy drink.  This one I wasn't keen on at all, it's not for me. It instantly reminded me of that energy drink that it says gives you the ability to fly. Which is great if you like that particular flavour, it's really sweet and does taste as you'd expect it too. I'm just not a fan of the drink never mind a liquid that replicates that flavour. Those that had a whiff were instantly able to tell me what it was supposed to be and those that tried it liked it. But for me, I was quite happy when my friend stole it, she loved it and I was happy to let it go and be used rather than it sit there on my shelf. Just to clarify my letting it go is not to say it was a bad liquid. It tasted as it should, just like the drink does. It's just not for me.

Gangsters Paradise

This is described as a sweet and sour fruity based liquid. For me this is a little bit of a strange one. There were times when I picked this liquid up and really liked it, but there were other times that it just did nothing for me at all. It is one of those flavours that at times the fruity background flavours really came through and was really quite enjoyable, sort of  like eating skittles I suppose really. Then there were times where the sweet and the sour kind of cancelled each other out and I didn't really get a lot of the fruity flavours at all. I found that for the first little while of vaping this liquid I liked it a lot, but the more I vaped it the fruity flavours became less prominent and I had to switch to something else. I know that's not overly helpful, but I'm honest with all my opinions and that's the best I can describe it. This liquid for me is not an all day one at all, but for a change it really is quite nice.

Horses Head

This is described as the best blend of Blackcurrant you will find. All I can say on this one is, this is exactly how Chewits used to taste when I was little before they messed about with them and tried to jazz them up, back when they were good. From the very first vape I was instantly reminded of Blackcurrant Chewits and I loved it. The Blackcurrant flavour comes through straight away and lingers nicely on the tongue and I have to be honest it's a close second for me behind the Godfather flavour. I used this one a lot and it worked well for me as an all day liquid. If you remember how the Blackcurrant Chewit's used to taste and you liked them, then I'm sure you'll not be disappointed with this one.

Whack Juice

This is described as another secret recipe with a smooth undertone of aniseed. For me, this was a little bit of a let down. I got the subtle aniseed and not a lot else, I honestly couldn't pick out any of the other flavours at all. Which is a shame because it smells really, really good. Perhaps it's just me, I'd be interested to here from others who have tried this to hear their thoughts.

Bubble Gun

This is described as the best bubble gum flavour around. This reminded me again of another sweet I had as a child, back in the days of the bubble gum you used to get in a packet of trading cards. As bubble gum flavours go it's not bad, but I have to be honest I have had better ones. It instantly from the first vape reminded me of bubble gum, it tasted like bubble gum and smelled like bubble gum. I just think that perhaps the best bubble gum flavour isn't for me, how I'd describe it. I would definitely go as far to say it's a good bubble gum, but that is as far as I'd go.


To sum up, there were some I liked a lot, some a liked a little and some I wasn't keen on at all. The logo is fantastic I really like the artwork, the bottles all come with tamperproof seals and safety caps. These liquids are all available to buy for those that want from Magnificig and are priced at a very reasonable £3.49 for a 10ml bottle and at the moment there is a multi buy option of five 10ml bottles for £10.99 which if my maths are up to scratch works out to around £2.20 give or take per 10ml if you choose that option. You have the choice of 6,11 and 18mg nicotine strength and they have fixed price shipping of £1.99 if you buy one bottle and £2.99 if you choose the five bottle multi buy option. If you are reading this and would like to look into stocking this line then you can reach The Frog Father by dropping an email to info@efinitylabs.com. All that remains really is the question, would I give my own money to pay for liquids from The Frog Father? Yes I would, I would happily purchase more Godfather, The Wife and Horses Head. My absolute favourite of the ones I had was Godfather and would love to see that flavour available in larger bottle sizes. To be fair though using the multi buy option I could have 50ml of Godfather delivered for £13.98 which in my opinion is a cracking price. I did get these liquids sent to me free for the purpose of this review, it's not a completely glowing report but I have always given and will continue to give as honest an account of my opinions as possible.



*  What is written above are my personal thoughts and opinions only, everyone's tastes are different and because I have liked or disliked a particular liquid shouldn't and doesn't mean you will too. Please take my opinion as it was intended, not as a reason to purchase or avoid, but rather to help you make your own decision based on your own research, budget and requirements.

2 comments:

  1. I also like some latest information on e-liquid or vaping,smoking,dotmod uk etc.Finally i found some new information from your post.

    Thanks

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Is Juul?.
    Juul obtained a United States patent for pure nicotine salt formulas in 2015. It is claimed that nicotine salt can bring a cigarette smoking experience a lot more like cigarette smoking than various other e-cigarettes on the market because Juul tries to reach the peak of pure nicotine top within 5 minutes, which is similar to traditional cigarettes. Each cigarette pack (called "Juul cases") has approximately the exact same quantity of pure nicotine as a pack of cigarettes and supplies about 200 smokes.juul sverige

    ReplyDelete